Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

HPE FlexNetwork MSR1002 4 AC Router (JG875A) - Unable to download latest software release

This thread has been viewed 61 times
  • 1.  HPE FlexNetwork MSR1002 4 AC Router (JG875A) - Unable to download latest software release

Posted Sep 06, 2022 06:35 AM
    Hi all

Okay, here follows now a more trivial but still quite annoying problem. How can I download the latest firmware for my HPE FlexNetwork MSR1002 4 AC Router (JG875A) from the corresponding Aruba Website?

Link: https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;search=JG875A;sort=VERSION_DESC

I am referring to the newest software release build MSR100X_7.10.R6728P20. It is classified as "patch".

It is not possible to download it directly, when the corresponding button is selected it is mentioned "Requires active contract OR subscription OR license".

Note, at the old HPE Networking website this worked after login with the HPE user login.

So it would be nice to know where can I buy such a "HPE MSR software contract, subscription or license". Thanks!

Regards

lorn10

• 2.  RE: HPE FlexNetwork MSR1002 4 AC Router (JG875A) - Unable to download latest software release

Posted Sep 06, 2022 11:13 AM
    Here follows a small addition to my question. It looks that it is still possible to access the previous HPE My networking support page where the mentioned MSR100X_7.10.R6728P20 firmware can be selected.

To get there, it is necessary to combine the corresponding link syntax together which means add the product number (in my case JG875A) manually to the end of the link. In my case this would be:

https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG875A

Unfortunately the download is still not possible because the forwarding to the download location fails. Interestingly this seems not true for all the other listed firmware builds, - only the newest one fails. The exact error message is as follow, - I should add that I am located in Central Europe:

Server Error in '/downloads' Application.
    Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not download the MaxMind database. ---> The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not download the MaxMind database. ---> The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not download the MaxMind database. ---> The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.]
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +2637
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +267
       Pnb.MyDownloads.Web.UI.LicenseAcquisitionWS.LicenseAcquisitionService.RetrieveCountryDataFromIP(String sourceIP) +73
       Pnb.MyDownloads.Web.UI.CommonMethods.IsRussianUser(String userIp, String companyCountry) +229
       Pnb.MyDownloads.Web.UI.DownloadSoftwareUC.LoadControlsByReleaseRequirement(String releaseTypeDescription, String releaseType, Int32 softwareReleaseUId, String productNumber) +2302
       Pnb.MyDownloads.Web.UI.DownloadSoftwareUC.LoadSoftwareReleaseDetails(Int32 softwareReleaseUId, String productNumber, String downloadFileName) +14449
       Pnb.MyDownloads.Web.UI.DownloadSoftwareUC.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +5408
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +154
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +251
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2164

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4465.0​

• 3.  RE: HPE FlexNetwork MSR1002 4 AC Router (JG875A) - Unable to download latest software release

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 07, 2022 11:45 AM
    Hi! on ASP you should have just one (of any type) of "active contract OR subscription OR license" to be eligible to download that particular software (the MSR100X_7.10.R6728P20 software): I personally believe that this requirement is an absolute error since the same requirement, IIRC, was not present on the HPE Networking site for the very same type of Product/Software (I mean: after being logged in with your HPE Passport account on the HPE Networking site then no "active contract OR subscription OR license" was ever required...at best, HPE asked for Product Registration - using its Serial Number - to prove to be eligible for downloading product related software).

• 4.  RE: HPE FlexNetwork MSR1002 4 AC Router (JG875A) - Unable to download latest software release

Posted Sep 08, 2022 07:46 AM
    Hi parnassus

Thanks for your reply. It looks that the situation here is a quite weird one. As it can be seen in the error message above I found out that when I just hold the mouse cursor over the lock symbol behind the download button (of build MSR100X_7.10.R6728P20) it tells me: "Restricted for Russian Federation - "RU" version is unrestricted"

However, at the Aruba page there is nothing mentioned about any geographical limitation. And also the release notes give no information about this. But even if there exist such a ban, the Russian Federation should be restricted and not all other countries. ;-) I should also add that the requested firmware build 7.10.R6728P20 seems to be available for H3C devices on the Chinese market. It is just missing for the Global Market, like the other previous builds CMW710-R6728P15 and CMW710-R0821P11.

It can be said that we really need in this topic a new TAA Compliant build. The last one is from 2016.

• 5.  RE: HPE FlexNetwork MSR1002 4 AC Router (JG875A) - Unable to download latest software release
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 15, 2022 08:55 AM
    What a mess.

I believe US sanctions to RF has little to nothing to do with respect to what you're observing (although I should say that is a total mess not communicating correctly and clearly with customers about possible/potential restrictions - side note: are you interested about non-TAA MSR100X_7.10.R6728P20 or not? it's not clear).

I believe maybe this could be the culprit, a note found on other HPE routers (HSR):

"This version of software contains high encryption capabilities.  It does not meet regulatory requirements within the Russian Federation. Customers requiring 56 bit encryption should download the software intended for use within Russia (the filenames include .RU)"

so maybe the MSR100X_7.10.R6728P20 software build is not available to RF customers/partners for that very (or similar) technical reason other than for a geo-political reason (or due to a human error in the publishing system).

If the above is true, it doesn't justify the lack of a published software build specifically intended for use within RF or RoW (if that software was intended only for customers within USA).

For the very same reason, it also doesn't justify that the restriction you're dealing with (by trying to download that very software build from a Central european country) is acceptable, reasonable or correct since, if the restriction is tied to RF only, it should eventually be applied only to RF users, customers or partners operating within RF and not outside its borders.

Nevertheless, we should probably admit that Aruba is performing some sort of geo-IP checks to understand where their customers are when they try to download a particular software and vetoing its download when they appear to be downloading that software from an IP related to a "banned"/"sanctioned" country (that should be clearly stated) or, maybe, since permitted users are logged to ASP to download that software they simply match their country of origin to assess if a particular software can be downloaded by a particular customer of a particular country (this again doesn't justify what you're seeing, in any case).

Side node: I was able to download it and I'm simply from an european country placed, for the good or for the bad, more southern than yours.

• 6.  RE: HPE FlexNetwork MSR1002 4 AC Router (JG875A) - Unable to download latest software release

Posted Sep 15, 2022 11:32 AM
    Hi again parnassus

Thanks for your super detailed reply. So you are able to download the newest

MSR1002 firmware from the Aruba page and I am not. This is interesting, most likely you have an active contract OR subscription OR support license.

It is really strange why there exist at the HPE such a confusion around the regional restriction.

Whatever, I referred to the TAA build because it is regarded as "more secure" then the one from China. ;-) And I thought the TAA build is also available in Europe, - apart from Russia.

Which basic Aruba support license should I buy now? Can you provide a part number of the corresponding Aruba support license? I have several Aruba 515 Access Points with lifetime warranty. So in theory I should just buy a corresponding Aruba "support license" and then I can download the MSR100X_7.10.R6728P20 build.

It seems that there exist no specific MSR1000 Comware Aruba support license. Alternatively, someone from Aruba can send me a private message with a working download link. ;-)