Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

HPE IMC 7.3 E0710 relicensing

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  HPE IMC 7.3 E0710 relicensing

MVP GURU
    Posted 26 days ago

Hi all, is there an official procedure to apply for an HPE IMC 7.3 relicensing (licensing migration/reseat)?

I need to move/reseat my current HPE IMC 7.3 Enterprise (JG748AAE) licenses - currently active on a HPE IMC 7.3 E0705P04 but already moved at least two times in the past since the very first deployment done years ago - to a very fresh new HPE IMC 7.3 E0710P03 deployment (not yet activated).

Can anybody help? Thanks! really appreciated

• 2.  RE: HPE IMC 7.3 E0710 relicensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 26 days ago

I'm not too familiar with IMC licensing, but it sound like opening a case with support is what's probably most efficient, if a re-license counter is exceeded. Not 100% sure if it would be Aruba TAC or HPE support for IMC, but if you try, you will find out quickly.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: HPE IMC 7.3 E0710 relicensing

MVP GURU
    Posted 26 days ago

Thanks Herman, I'll give it a try and report back. Unfortunately it seems that the HPE IMC (licensing managment) losts its home into what was the (old) HPE Support Portal (where it was once registered and some operation could be done autonomously) and never found its new home into ASP or the current (new) HPE Networking Support Portal, at least from what I know now.

• 4.  RE: HPE IMC 7.3 E0710 relicensing

Posted 25 days ago

HI Parnassus.

I share your pain. IMC licensing was removed from portal few years ago :-( and I still didn't find the new procedure for partners to obtain new partner demo licenses. Old one does not work any more.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024

• 5.  RE: HPE IMC 7.3 E0710 relicensing

MVP GURU
    Posted 25 days ago

Yeah, more than pain...is hitting me the feeling that - as of today - there is no great love for this product (as it probably should still deserve).

For anyone interested I opened the Ticket 5381124501 on ASP.

Off-Topic:

Strangely I'm not able to the access the LMS portal https://lms.arubanetworks.com (License Management portal from the inside of ASP) as I did few time before.

My today attempt was just to check if the HPE IMC product line is still missing among all other available Aruba licensing options that can be managed within that specific portal. 

I obtain a quite laconic:

"Error We could not get your profile, please Onboard to Aruba Support Portal (ASP) to continue. Portal"

and the link forwards to ASP again in a loop.

• 6.  RE: HPE IMC 7.3 E0710 relicensing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

Hi Parnassus,

For HPE iMC licensing, the old My Networking portal should still be running, at least to a limited extent. I believe you can still transfer the licenses yourself there a few times before you need to open a support case:

https://www.hpe.com/networking/mynetworking

I'm still able to see options related to viewing, registering, transferring and otherwise managing the licenses on that portal. Have you tried that?

If you can't manage it there, support can transfer the license for you as well.

Justin Guse