Comware

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

HPE Router MSR954 - Configuração IPV6 WAN + LAN (Ajuda!!!)

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  HPE Router MSR954 - Configuração IPV6 WAN + LAN (Ajuda!!!)

Posted Feb 18, 2023 10:31 AM

Hello!! Personally, I'm not an expert on the subject i'm going to talk about, i need help with IPV6. I have a DEDICATED LINK from my provider, so far so good, I received the link and everything works except for IPV6 which does not work. As I own my router, they don't do the configuration and I'm breaking my head! Come on, I get an IPV6/126, I've already created the static route and I've already assigned an IPV6 on port g0/0 (WAN) and I can ping out, I can ping to IPV6 Google but I can't distribute it in my network, when I go configuring port g0/1 (Port LAN 01) to distribute on my network doesn't seem to work. When I activated the link I received my "16 IPV4 IPs" (IP/30 and my IP/28 block) but in IPV6 I only received IPV6/126 and I am suspecting that they would have to give me the IPV6 block.

It could be just some configuration that you are not doing on the router.

From my HPE MSR954 router I take it to my Firewall (pfsense) and there I distribute my network.

Sorry for my english which is not good. Anyone who can help, I ask you to be a little calm because as I am not an expert and it may be that I have difficulty understanding some subjects, I thank you all anyway

• 2.  RE: HPE Router MSR954 - Configuração IPV6 WAN + LAN (Ajuda!!!)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2023 11:00 AM

Hi,

I think you need to talk to your ISP and ask them to explain you how exactly they provide IPv6 services. The fact you own your router doesn't mean they don't owe you any explanation and help in configuration. You can ask if they have any sample configurations for other brand's routers, we can think how to adapt them to MSR, but we need to have at least something to start with.

BTW, when you say "I get an IPV6/126", that do you mean? Do you assign it statically on Gig0/0, do you get it from DHCPv6, do you get it from ISP's RA as part of SLAAC (when ISP gives you prefix only and you generate local IP by adding your MAC address to the prefix)?

Nowadays ISPs normally use PD (prefix delegation), so they send you prefix over DHCPv6 with the prefix assigned to you, typically /56, then your router doesn't use that prefix on WAN port, but applies it to the inside, the LAN interface. And WAN port stays either without any global address (it's really not an issue for IPv6) or ISP asks you to assign a global address from another range statically, that range typically is very narrow, like that /126 in your case. Or the router gets WAN address through SLAAC and also use PD for internal network. I see more cases with "SLAAC on WAN + DHCPv6 PD" in the wild, but that maybe is something regional :)

Here is a similar thread in our old forum where I was troubleshooting similar case with MSR router, there is a configuration example with SLAAC on WAN and PD on Vlan1 (internal, LAN interface) - https://community.hpe.com/t5/comware-based/can-t-get-ipv6-internet-access-on-vlan-msr985/td-p/7144722

But first, please, talk to your ISP and figure out what are their expectations.

------------------------------
    Ivan Bondar

• 3.  RE: HPE Router MSR954 - Configuração IPV6 WAN + LAN (Ajuda!!!)

Posted Feb 18, 2023 04:24 PM
    Thanks for answering...

BTW, quando você diz "Eu recebo um IPV6/126", isso você quer dizer? Você o atribui estaticamente no Gig0/0, você o obtém do DHCPv6, você o obtém do RA do ISP como parte do SLAAC (quando o ISP fornece apenas prefixo e você gera IP local adicionando seu endereço MAC ao prefixo)?

Yes exactly, I assigned it for the IPV6 they offered me.
    For example: I received an IPV6 2804:d41:ef4d:4100:523e:abfe:fe19:c99/126

And then I configured a static route like this: ipv6 route-static 2804:d41:ef4d:4100:523e:abfe:fe19:c98/126.

From this configuration I can ping anywhere by IPV6 but I can't make it go out over the WAN. In fact, I don't and I don't know what my IP would be to configure on the WAN port.

Just a quick answer here to give some satisfaction, I'll see the post you mentioned here.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: HPE Router MSR954 - Configuração IPV6 WAN + LAN (Ajuda!!!)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2023 06:32 PM

If your ISP has offered to you /126 address, it means either:

1. They don't want you to connect any router and your IPv6 connection is for 1 host only as /126 network can accommodate only two host addresses, their router and your host. It's very unlikely, but who knows...
    2. They use DHCPv6-PD. So /126 remains on the WAN port but you also get prefix for internal use over DHCPv6-PD mechanism.

Still, I think you need to speak to them and discuss the options and their expectations.

Ivan Bondar

• 5.  RE: HPE Router MSR954 - Configuração IPV6 WAN + LAN (Ajuda!!!)

Posted Mar 01, 2023 03:49 PM
    Hello, I still haven't solved the problem with my ISP but everything indicates that there was a glitch for sure, one of the attendants agreed with me. Now for the purposes of experience and knowledge I can use IPV6 on my network even if I leave the WAN IP.

This command "[HPE-GigabitEthernet0/0]nat outbound port-preserved" executed on the WAN port it keeps the Fixed IP of the WAN port as Public IP in my entire network.

Would you have something similar for IPV6?

And for the level of knowledge and laboratory to configure DHCPv6-PD, would there be any tutorials that could help me configure it?