Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

Posted Jun 04, 2024 06:14 PM

Good afternoon, how are you? I'm coming to you to please help me with the solution to the following problem I have. A couple of days ago they asked me to reload for an access point. The issue is that before and after the access point follows me. leaving without logged in users.

• What could I be doing wrong so that no equipment connects to the access point?

Checking the access point from Aruba Central, the following appears:

As if the 2.4 and 5 GHz band were not enabled

I appreciate you helping me with the issue please.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2024 10:28 PM

the screenshot shows that the AP-515 is being powered by 802.3af PoE, and it is recommending you to use 802.3at PoE. Thats why the radios are disabled.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

Posted Jun 05, 2024 05:13 PM

I belive, AP went under Intelligent Power Monitoring as sufficient power not received as 802.3at is suggested, radios are disabled.

Appropriate power to the AP  could work for this issue.

• 4.  RE: I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2024 09:45 AM

Make sure that IPM is configured and operational.  Check the LED on the AP, make sure that nothing is showing as red or amber.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110