Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

Posted 13 days ago

Good afternoon, how are you? I'm coming to you to please help me with the solution to the following problem I have. A couple of days ago they asked me to reload for an access point. The issue is that before and after the access point follows me. leaving without logged in users.

• What could I be doing wrong so that no equipment connects to the access point?

Checking the access point from Aruba Central, the following appears:

As if the 2.4 and 5 GHz band were not enabled

I appreciate you helping me with the issue please.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 13 days ago

the screenshot shows that the AP-515 is being powered by 802.3af PoE, and it is recommending you to use 802.3at PoE. Thats why the radios are disabled.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

Posted 12 days ago

I belive, AP went under Intelligent Power Monitoring as sufficient power not received as 802.3at is suggested, radios are disabled.

Appropriate power to the AP  could work for this issue.

• 4.  RE: I have an access point and clients are not connecting me, how do I solve them?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

Make sure that IPM is configured and operational.  Check the LED on the AP, make sure that nothing is showing as red or amber.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110