Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-305 used a non instant firmware

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  IAP-305 used a non instant firmware

Posted Aug 14, 2022 06:07 AM
    Updated firmware on a cluster with ArubaOS_Ursa_10.3.1.1_84780 when it should have been ArubaInstant_Ursa_6.5.4.23_83818. I can see my access points and I can ping them, but cannot access their GUI or the GUI of the virtual controller (which I cannot ping). I have tried port 4343. How do I access my access points to be able to install the correct firmware? They are instant access points so I believe my error was closing a non instant firmware file. 

• 2.  RE: IAP-305 used a non instant firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2022 08:03 AM
    firmware 10.3.x is for AOS10 and it needs Aruba Central.
    How many APs do you have in this scenario?
    Do you have Aruba Central?

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: IAP-305 used a non instant firmware

Posted Aug 14, 2022 09:12 AM
    I meant to use ArubaInstant_Ursa_6.5.4.23_83818. I do not have Aruba Central. We use IAP if I am using the correct terminology. The APs connect to a virtual controller. 

• 4.  RE: IAP-305 used a non instant firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2022 06:27 PM
    How many IAPs are in this scenario?

The two approaches that comes to mind are

1. Basically you can get an eval Aruba central account and add these APs to its inventory and once they are in AOS10 group move them to a standard group with firmware compliance set to your desired instant firmware version.

2. or you can individually TFTP upgrade them to instant firmware version of your choice by breaking the boot process and point them to a TFTP server, etc.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: IAP-305 used a non instant firmware

Posted Aug 14, 2022 07:37 PM
    It was simple enough to set up a new master. I'll reset the 2 other APs and they'll join the master.