Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-334 Antenna questions

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  IAP-334 Antenna questions

Posted Nov 24, 2022 12:08 PM
    Hi,

We have some IAP-334s we need to set up, but I have 2 questions regarding the antennas.

• Does the unit include any kind of internal antenna or are external antenna a must? It's a rather small area that needs to be covered hence the question. I see the purchasing guide does mention antenna, but I'd like to be sure.
    • Do you need all 4 external antenna ports connected for it to start transmitting or would 1-3 be sufficient? Same reason as above, small area

There's a bit of a shortage where I am located so I had to make do with what we could purchase

• 2.  RE: IAP-334 Antenna questions
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2022 07:05 PM
    IAP-334s need external antennas and generally you need to connect all 4x of them.
    you can go with AP-ANT-1W which is a dual-band Omni-Dir Indoor Antenna (2.4-2.5GHz (4dBi)/4.9-5.875GHz (6dBi) Hi Gain )

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: IAP-334 Antenna questions

Posted Nov 25, 2022 12:48 AM
    Thanks for the info, it is appreciated