Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 345 not upgrading with other APs during Cluster Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  IAP 345 not upgrading with other APs during Cluster Firmware Upgrade

Posted 26 days ago

When we run the upgrade the Aruba model 345 APs fail to upgrade and form their own cluster with their own master. We end up having constant bouncing between the upgraded and the not upgraded.

As part of the Cluster we have various AP models that include AP 305, 505, 375, 575.  Only the AP 345 models fail to upgrade with the others.

I started up the wifi with only the Aruba 345 APs

searched for the available firmware and it showed the latest

ran the upgrade and everything went through - right down to the reboot.

when the APs came back online they were still running the old firmware -  (Digitally Signed - Production Build)! 

Any suggestions?

IAP 345 models will not Upgrade with other Cluster Ap's

• 2.  RE: IAP 345 not upgrading with other APs during Cluster Firmware Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 26 days ago

thats strange cause for mixed AP model instant cluster only the AP that is the VC will upgrade all the rest of the APs that are the same model and the rest of the other AP models would not be upgraded.

I suggest to put the IAP-345s in a different VLAN, then upgrade them to the same firmware version as the rest and finally add them to the same VLAN to form a cluster.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: IAP 345 not upgrading with other APs during Cluster Firmware Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 26 days ago

The AP-345 cannot be upgraded beyond 8.10.x (see compatibility matrix here).

If you have a mixed cluster, all APs should be on the same firmware version, which means that they need to have a version that is supported on each AP type.

It may be confusing that the automatic update offers 8.12, but it won't work.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: IAP 345 not upgrading with other APs during Cluster Firmware Upgrade

Posted 25 days ago

AP-345 use the same platform name Draco as the newer AP-518 and  you get this option. Unfortunately as Herman already wrote, AP-34x is not supported beyond 8.10. version.  

It is worth consulting supported platform table in a Release Notes to see, if all AP models are supported with desired version.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024