Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Blocking management access from wireless clients

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  IAP Blocking management access from wireless clients

Posted Jul 04, 2022 01:55 AM
    I'm getting some odd behaviour on my home IAP cluster. I shifted all the addressing around (was all in one /24, moved it to split purpose subnets) The IAPs are now in a separate subnet to the clients, from wired clients I can manage all the APs happily. Whilst on WiFi I can't manage the AP that I'm connected to, but I can manage the other AP. The APs are on version 8.6. I can't find anything in the config that blocks out management from wireless clients. Anyone got an insight into what might be doing this before I factory reset the damn things and start again? DQFanSurvey Code

• 2.  RE: IAP Blocking management access from wireless clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2022 09:44 AM
    This is a really wild guess because there are numerous network configurations that might be at play here... but have you configured the "Uplink switch native VLAN" setting under System within your IAP settings?

Another useful bit of info might be where the clients default gateway IP address exists, is this on the IAP config or on an upstream switch/router?