Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Guest Network with ClearPass Captive Portal Login Loop

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  IAP Guest Network with ClearPass Captive Portal Login Loop

Posted Mar 21, 2024 10:32 AM

Hi

New to ClearPass and busy with my first deployment. I created a guest network on Aruba Instant version 8.12.0.0_89362. Simple configuration pointing to ClearPass ver 6.12 for Captive Portal and authentication. The security is network based and unrestricted (for now). On ClearPass I used the service wizard and created a guest access service (without Mac Caching as a start). The ony settign I added is the SSID name and made sure it's typed correctly.

users get redirected to the portal login page and sign in with usernames\passwords created in the ClearPass Guest Manager The login is accepted. However, a few seconds later they are sent back to the login page. This happens in a loop constantly. Access Tracker though shows the login as accepted with no errors.

• 2.  RE: IAP Guest Network with ClearPass Captive Portal Login Loop

Posted Mar 21, 2024 11:53 AM

On your Guest Web Logon/Registration, how are your NAS settings configured? 

Vendor - Login Method - Address, etc.

That loop is likely caused by that fact the user's session is not been trigged to change roles, post CP login. 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful, please Accept Solution and Give Kudos.
    Zak Chalupka
    Principal Engineer - HPE Aruba
    ACDX | ACMP | ACSP | ACCP
    wifizak@hpe.com
    Ideas expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE Aruba.

• 3.  RE: IAP Guest Network with ClearPass Captive Portal Login Loop

Posted Mar 22, 2024 10:06 AM

Hi 

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate the time taken to respond. Turns out it was a role issue (as in I didn't have any :-) ).

• 4.  RE: IAP Guest Network with ClearPass Captive Portal Login Loop

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2024 01:09 PM

The login by default points at securelogin.arubanetworks.com for the network login, this needs to point at the FQDN that matches the certificate installed and assigned captive portal purpose on the device side.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110