Security

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP with ClearPass Self Registration and Sponsor approval

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  IAP with ClearPass Self Registration and Sponsor approval

Posted May 08, 2014 07:13 AM

Hi,

I need to deploy a Guest network with IAP and ClearPass. Already configured successfully IAP with External Radius Captive Portal using Clearpass, but with the user/password Portal. Now I need use the Self Registration where the Sponsor will authorize the guest access.

How is the URL of ClearPass that I need use on IAP External Captive portal? Not found in the documentation. 

Regards,

Paulo Raponi

• 2.  RE: IAP with ClearPass Self Registration and Sponsor approval

Posted May 08, 2014 07:33 AM

Hi

If you go to your weblogin config page in CPPM Guest, in the Configuration section, go to self registration and create a self registration page. Then go back to the web login configuration for your login page and in the header and footer HTML sections, there is a drop down to 'insert self registration' where your self reg page should be listed. Add it in and you will get a link on your login page to 'Create Account'.

• 3.  RE: IAP with ClearPass Self Registration and Sponsor approval

Posted May 08, 2014 09:16 AM

Hi devey,

It's works. Thanks...

Can you help me now just a little bit? The default portal, the user inser their name and e-mail. I need deploy exactly this ClearPass feature:

--

Sponsored self-registration is a means to allow guests to self-register, but not give them full access until a sponsor (could even be a central help desk) has approved the request. When the registration form is completed by the guest/user, an on screen message is displayed for the guest stating the account requires approval. 

Basic Sponsorship
    Guests are disabled upon registration and need to wait on the receipt page for the confirmation until the login button gets enabled.

--

So, i need a form that user insert their name, email and sponsor e-mail. The sponsor will receive an e-mail, authorize the acess and user access are completed.

Sorry for questions. But I've tried all ways and was unable to successfully....

Regards,

Paulo Raponi

• 4.  RE: IAP with ClearPass Self Registration and Sponsor approval
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2014 09:30 AM

Ok, so if you are being taken to the registration page, all you need to do now is configure sponsorship confirmation. There is a tick box on the 'Recept Actions' page (receipt page > actions on the schematic) for Sponsorship Confirmation.

You need to ensure that you have SMTP set up correctly too otherwise clearpass wont be able to send the email. Thats in the main part of policy manager under Administration > External Servers > messaging setup.

• 5.  RE: IAP with ClearPass Self Registration and Sponsor approval

Posted May 08, 2014 10:31 AM

Hi davey,

Worked perfectly. Thank you. You help me a lot.......

Regards,

Paulo Raponi

• 6.  RE: IAP with ClearPass Self Registration and Sponsor approval

Posted Jun 09, 2023 03:20 AM
      |   view attached

hello,

I am plan to do the same, gìbut in the page I can't see the tic box

------------------------------
    Dario Nardello
    ACMP ACSP ACCP ACEP
    ------------------------------