Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP505 not joining current cluster

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  IAP505 not joining current cluster

Posted Jul 19, 2022 09:12 AM

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice. I have a cluster of 18 AP505s running via Aruba Central, when I try and add another AP505 to the existing cluster (same firmware, same trunk native vlan on the switch port as all the other APs) it doesn't add and becomes a cluster of 1. I have hard reset the AP but it constantly does the same.
    Finally after a day it found its way into Central but a separate VC.
    Does anyone have any idea how I can get the AP to join the existing cluster so it can be used? 

What would happen if I tried to change the VC Key on it to the key on the correct VC - would this mess the existing ones up as well or would this allow the rogue AP to connect up?
    I've had a TAC query open for a few weeks but don't seem to be getting very far with it, so thought I'd see if anyone had any helpful suggestions on here as you've always been very helpful.
    Many thanks in advance
    Jo

------------------------------
    Jo Tomasso
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: IAP505 not joining current cluster

Posted Jul 22, 2022 03:00 AM
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any advice? Many thanks in advance

• 3.  RE: IAP505 not joining current cluster
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 22, 2022 05:37 AM
    This appears to have been a switch issue in the end so I'm going to try and mark this as closed