Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

If we are to move 2 local controllers to anohter office

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  If we are to move 2 local controllers to anohter office

Posted May 12, 2023 06:47 AM

Hello,

I have an Aruba Wireless Setup with 2 - Virtual Mobility Masters and then 2 - Local Hardware controllers at each site.

All of the local controllers are configured to communicate with the Mobility Master with 'Pre-Shared Key with IP address'.  We have the local controllers in their own 'managed group' under teh Managed Network section.  Well we have plans to move 2 x Local controllers that are used in production to a different office and those 2 local controllers will require a different IP address.

How can I plan for the transition the 2 local controllers that are used in production and communicate with the Mobility Master with PSKwith IP address to a new IP address? 

MN grups

I plan to keep all of the configuration on the MM group; but, will I need to do a write erase to change the IP address of the local controllers?  I do have some local users accounts that I use for mac based authentication purposes so a write erase would not be preferred.

------------------------------
    Stavros K

• 2.  RE: If we are to move 2 local controllers to anohter office

Posted May 13, 2023 12:43 PM

Hi Stavros,

you don't need to reset the configuration.

Remove both controllers on the cluster profile, then delete the cluster profile.

Then change the IP address and the gateway. At this point you have to be careful, both changes have to be done together. After saving the controller will boot. After that you or the mobility conductor will not be able to reach it in the old office.

When the controllers are in the new office, set up the cluster.

Remember to create a localip entry in the Mobility Conductor for the new MD IP address.

Regards,

Waldemar
    ACCX # 1377, ACEP, ACA - Network Security
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution