Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

iMC 7.3 E0706P11 TFTP configuration backups failing

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  iMC 7.3 E0706P11 TFTP configuration backups failing

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:39 PM
    Our iMC was updated to iMC 7.3 E0706P11 and migrated to a new installation of RHEL8.6 last week 29 July 2022.  
    The first scheduled automatic configuration backup was successful, the backups have all failed since then with the error 'TFTP server not running'.
    This morning, 1 August 2022, I restarted the iMC server using DMA and following the restart the backups were working again.  A few hours later and once again received the same 'TFTP server not running' message. 

The process tftpserver is running in the DMA and I can perform manual tftp copies to the iMC server so the TFTP service is running but iMC does not think so.

Is there any advice on what I can do to remedy this problem?

• 2.  RE: iMC 7.3 E0706P11 TFTP configuration backups failing

Posted Aug 03, 2022 02:50 AM
    Update: I have discovered that when I restart the iMC services using DMA stop/start the automatic configuration backups work if I initiate them immediately.  After a few hours then I receive the 'TFTP server not running' message.

This indicates that the configuration of the TFTP service is correct and it functions.  Why would iMC see that this service is not running even though the process is still active and I can still manually upload configs to the TFTP server?

• 3.  RE: iMC 7.3 E0706P11 TFTP configuration backups failing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2022 10:56 AM
    Hello there,

I would suggest you to open a case with iMC support.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Marina
    HPE
    Sofia
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: iMC 7.3 E0706P11 TFTP configuration backups failing

Posted Aug 16, 2022 10:12 AM

Unfortunately we did not purchase HPE support for iMC so I am unable to open a case with support.  

I have attempted to install iMC on different OS: RHEL 8.6, RHEL 9, Centos 9, RHEL 8.1 and they all exhibit the same problems regarding the configuration backup.  I install the OS, followed by the 32 bit packages, followed by MySQL 8.  Then lastly I install iMC 7.3E0706 followed by iMC 7.3E0706P11.
    Without restoring the database, I add 2 devices and proceed to backup the configuration. 

If I do the backup immediately after starting iMC services then the backup succeeds.  If I attempt to do another backup 10 minutes later then it fails and all my installations exhibit the same problem, 'TFTP server not started'.

What could be causing iMC to report that the TFTP server is not started?  How is it checking if the server is started?