Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IMC 7.3 Unable to make a simple Interface utilization % report

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  IMC 7.3 Unable to make a simple Interface utilization % report

Posted Apr 19, 2023 09:29 AM
      |   view attached

Hi all,

We are running IMC PLAT 7.3, NTA 7.3, SHM 7.3.

I wish to create a simple report showing the utilisation rates of all the interfaces for all of the switches connected to IMC.  Sounds easy right?  in Report > Add a Custom Report Template, I choose Data Set = Link Details. Then next.

The data fields available to me are very limited.

• Device:Node1
    • Port:Node1
    • IP Address:Node1
    • Port Speed (bps):Node1

Then the same for Node 2....   Non of the predefined reports show utilization rates for interfaces. Im very sure this is possible and would like to be given a nudge in the right direction.

Many thanks, Rob

• 2.  RE: IMC 7.3 Unable to make a simple Interface utilization % report

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2023 04:59 AM

Hello Rob,

Custom Report is a rather limited feature. If you want to create fully customizable report templates with any data from IMC's DBs and more, you would need to get the iAR Module of IMC. However for your purposes, I believe the default Report Templates that exist might suffice.

Check out the "Performance View Summary Report" and "Custom View Data Summary Report". When you select the template, IMC will prompt you to select the time range, which performance index to display (ie. Interface Inbound/Outbound Bandwidth Usage (%)), and which devices or performance view to use. Obviously you need to be monitoring these indexes on your devices/interfaces already, such as Interface Inbound/Outbound Bandwidth Usage (%), in order to get the data in the report.

------------------------------
    Justin Guse
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: IMC 7.3 Unable to make a simple Interface utilization % report

Posted May 05, 2023 06:49 AM

Hi Justin,

Many thanks for your reply, I have seen these reports - unfortunately the results that are given are not clear (are these numbers Gbps or % usage, or ....), there are several other reports which are showing no results or unable to select any entity.  I think I need to approach my account manager for further assistance.

Thanks anyway.
    Rob