Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IMC & CX6000 switch, not able to change Interface alias

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  IMC & CX6000 switch, not able to change Interface alias

Posted Aug 31, 2022 05:34 AM
    Hello all,

Since the 2530 switches we used to buy have gone out of production, we have been forced to switch to another switch-series.  The CX6000 ended up being our choice for the basic access switch.  After setting up the correct SSH logon, SMTP settings and RESTful API settings we find that we are not able to change the "Interface Alias" on any of the ports through IMC.
    Have anyone found a solution to fix this, or is this a bug in this version of IMC (iMC PLAT 7.3 (E0706P11))

TIA

• 2.  RE: IMC & CX6000 switch, not able to change Interface alias

Posted Sep 01, 2022 01:47 AM
    Hi.
    We have the same issue as you.
    From my understanding updating switch information and interface information from within IMC is done by SNMP write and that is not suported on the 6100 switch. 
    Only solution i have found is to login with SSH and update from CLI.
    I hope there will be a solution for this in the future.

/Lee

• 3.  RE: IMC & CX6000 switch, not able to change Interface alias

Posted Sep 01, 2022 02:03 AM

Hi,

I have read this too, but I don't think that is true for new software releases.

At least on 6100/6200F/8325/8360 and 10.09.1040 you can configure SNMPv3 as following:
    snmp-server snmpv3-only
    snmpv3 user SNMP-USERNAME auth sha auth-pass plaintext SNMP-PASSWORD1 priv aes priv-pass plaintext SNMP-PASSWORD2 rw

With this configuration I am able to change SNMP Location/Contact/Description as well as Interface Descriptions.

I don't know why IMC is not using the REST API for this, but in generally the Aruba-CX support in IMC is not good, really.

• 4.  RE: IMC & CX6000 switch, not able to change Interface alias

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2022 06:53 AM
    Hello there,

This is an issue which should be solved in imC and switch.
    Switch requires 10.9.1040 version and iMC next release will include fix for that .
    So you will need to upgrade both switch and iMC to the next version , which should be released very soon.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Marina
    HPE
    Sofia
    ------------------------------