Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IMC issue upgrading switches

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  IMC issue upgrading switches

Posted Jul 08, 2022 06:11 AM
    Hi there,

I have carried out a good few upgrades of switches via IMC. However, I have just had some issues. I have tried upgrading both 5510 & 5130 switches and have been getting error "device cannot recognise the uplodaed device software. Can anyone here help. I have tried troubleshooting the obvious, SNMP/SFTP SSH etc all are ok. Also, I have syncronized the switches a couple of times just in case that was the issue. I have attached the errors below.

I look forward to your response?
    Kind regards

• 2.  RE: IMC issue upgrading switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2022 10:02 AM
    Hello there,

have you tried to load a .bin file instead of .ipe?

To check exactly what happened you can enable debugging on the imcupgdm process in iMC .In Web Gui use System-System configuration-Log configuration  find the imcupgdm and put it on debug . Than you can test upgrade to both switches and check the log .It will show you detaied information .
    You can also check the logbuffer of the switch to see if it got any request from iMC server  and where it exactly fails.

I aslo recommend you to check if there is enough space on all stack members flash to upload the image.

Hope this will help you further.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Marina
    HPE
    Sofia

• 3.  RE: IMC issue upgrading switches

Posted Jul 15, 2022 07:59 AM
    Hi there,

I tried above, but all failed. I had HP support on and it turns out that in Adapters in program files all HP switches sys OID's are missing, with exception of 1910 switches. This is quite odd and wondering possibly since an upgrade a few months back did this issue occur.
    Also, hoping that this is actually the reason behind failed upgrades. Does anyone here know how to add in sys OID's in the adapter files.?

Kind regards

• 4.  RE: IMC issue upgrading switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2022 09:33 AM
    Yes , 

You go to :\Program Files\iMC\server\conf\adapters\ICC\Hewlett Packard   there is a file called adapter-index.xml. When you open this  you see different adapters and  sysoids  listed under every adapter . You just put the sysoid from your device under the correct adapter in this file . For exapmple  if this is a Comware 7 device you  add it under HP_H3CV7Snmp  exatly with the same syntax as other sys oids are there. <sysoid>1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.8.5.6</sysoid>. The star represents every character .

Hope this will help you!
    Regards,

Marina
    HPE
    Sofia

• 5.  RE: IMC issue upgrading switches

Posted Aug 16, 2022 01:47 PM
    Hi try below method

1. Login to iMC, go to Service -> Configuration Center -> Software Library
    2. Check if required firmware file is available in library. If not, use "Add" button to load firmware file in IMC. If available, select the file and click on "Deploy"
    3. Default file transfer mode (Service>Configuration Center>Options) needed to be changed from TFTP to SFTP. Under Single Device Transfer Mode select device and set that device on SFTP mode.
    4. Click on "Select device", browse using type or IP address. Select appropriate device.
    5. Device will be visible under the list. Use appropriate one or more device types.
    6. Click next, it checks and shows if sufficient space is available in memory.
    7. Under "Set task attributes", give any name or it will take automatic one. Schedule time or select "Immediately".
    8. Verify summary of the task and click "Finish"
    9. Select task and click "Execute" if required
    10. Once the task is executed successfully, check firmware on device.