Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IMC SQL Server 2022 Installation and Config guide?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  IMC SQL Server 2022 Installation and Config guide?

Posted 9 days ago

Hello,

Is there guide avail for IMC SQL Server 2022 Installation and Config?

I have SQL Server 2019 in PDF, but missing 2022 one.

I was planning to install SQL CLient to IMC and 2019 guide says:

If you plan to install the database on a separate database server, follow these guidelines:
    • Before installing IMC, install a SQL Server client and ODBC driver on the same server as IMC.
    The client version must match the version of the SQL Server the database.

But then I noticed that Microsoft says:

""The SQL Server Native Client (often abbreviated SNAC) has been removed from SQL Server 2022 (16.x) and SQL Server Management Studio 19 (SSMS). The SQL Server Native Client (SQLNCLI or SQLNCLI11) and the legacy Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (SQLOLEDB) are not recommended for new application development. Switch to the new Microsoft OLE DB Driver (MSOLEDBSQL) for SQL Server or the latest Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server going forward.""

Not Recommended or forbidden?

Brgds,

Anssi Laitinen

• 2.  RE: IMC SQL Server 2022 Installation and Config guide?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

Hi Anssi,

unfortunately the documentation has not been updated for a long time, this does not mean that IMC is not supported on SQL 2022. Simply install the oldest version of Management Studio available on the Microsoft website and that will include the right software. If you install later versions, there will be communication problems between IMC and the database.

I will alert you when the document is available on line, we are working on it and should be released in the next few weeks.

Kind Regards

Paola

------------------------------
    Kind Regards
    Paola
    ------------------------------