Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

IMC SSH Login Pubkey

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  IMC SSH Login Pubkey

Posted 4 days ago

Hi,

I have a HP 2930f and I configured ssh to use public/private keys to authenticate. with putty on my PC I can authenticate to the switch with the private key file. 

Now I want to authenticate from IMC to that switch. 

I used as authentication mode Private key, set the Username, selected the private key file and the private key password. 

I have used a ppk file from putty as private key file and also a file generated by openssh. But none of them helped me to login. 

In the IMC\client\log\imcforeground.log it says

"2024-07-04 10:26:06 [ERROR] [http-nio-8443-exec-7] [com.imc.common.AESEncryptDecryptUtils::aesDecrypt] decrypt error!

What file format is IMC using for the private key file?

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "**""

• 2.  RE: IMC SSH Login Pubkey

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 14 hours ago

Hi,

please upgrade IMC to 710P04 as we have fixed some known issues.

You have to import a .ppk key created with puttygen. You can convert openssh keys using puttygen. The key has to be compatible with plink 76 and plink70 for logging into the switch, and psftp 76 to transfer files.

If the encryption of your key is not supported by these utilities's verisons, the switch will reject connection.  The utilities are available from $imc\server\bin

Note that you have to enter the .ppk key every time you do an ssh connectivity test as it's not shown. This problem will be fixed in the next release.

------------------------------
    Kind Regards
    Paola
    ------------------------------