Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Import 2920 configuration to 2930F

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Import 2920 configuration to 2930F

Posted Nov 15, 2022 06:29 AM
    Hello,
    I will have to replace several 2920-24G swtiches with as many new 2930F-24G.
    To save time, I would like to know if it is possible to load the 2920 configuration file on the 2930.

thanks in advance
    Best regards
    Davide

• 2.  RE: Import 2920 configuration to 2930F

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 15, 2022 11:39 AM
    Hi Davide, if I were you I would be very cautious in copying and pasting running configurations between switches of different series (despite the fact that they are de-facto very similar), instead I would proceed by extrapolating particular chunks of source HP 2920's running configuration (say interfaces, vlans, spanning-tree and so on), sanitize them if necessary and test them by pasting into the destination Aruba 2930F's running configuration. There are sections that are pretty much exchangeable between the two but, in my opinion (without doing a preliminary check and without sanitizing where necessary), I would not blindly proceed with a copy&paste.

Davide.