Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Indication of Access Points as Offline on the Dashboard

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Indication of Access Points as Offline on the Dashboard

Posted Feb 12, 2024 12:47 PM
      |   view attached

We currently have 325 indoor and 274 outdoor APs. I've observed that one of the APs on the dashboard is marked as "down." Is there a method to identify which specific AP is experiencing issues, and could you provide guidance on how to move this particular AP from the "Down" category?

• 2.  RE: Indication of Access Points as Offline on the Dashboard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2024 09:18 PM

you should be able to click on the APs. does that provide the info about the down AP?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Indication of Access Points as Offline on the Dashboard

Posted Feb 21, 2024 01:21 PM

Thanks for your response. 

It only shows details regarding the Access Points that are currently operational.

• 4.  RE: Indication of Access Points as Offline on the Dashboard

Posted Feb 22, 2024 07:06 AM

see if this helps, https://community.arubanetworks.com/discussion/clear-gap-db-rap-access-point-housekeeping

If its a cosmetic thing and you just want to remove the APs that show "down", see if there is an instant based equivalent command.

If you would rather solve it, I'd suggest to check the logs as to see why the AP is down in the first place.

"show summary"/"Show Aps" should give you some details on to which one is down. I'd recommend checking the CLI guide for your image version used to get the latest commands, some commands are deprecated over the years.

/AJ