Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant AP full configuration

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  Instant AP full configuration

Posted Jun 14, 2022 04:48 AM
    Hello Everyone
    When showing config on an IAP, I only see a part of the full config.
    IP address is not displayed ( I need to "show ip interface"  or "show ap-env" to get it)
    Thus I expect other parts of the config not in the "show configuration" result.

If I want to duplicate an IAP config (or clearly see ALL the config parameters of the IAP) what is the prefered procedure ?

Best regards

• 2.  RE: Instant AP full configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2022 07:19 PM
    You can go to the maintenance tab and copy the running configuration.  See if you see everything there.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Instant AP full configuration

Posted Jun 15, 2022 03:58 AM
    Hi @cjoseph
    Badly, the maintenance tab gives the same output as "show configuration", and lacks some parts (I get the VC ip address, but not the AP address)

Thank you for your help

• 4.  RE: Instant AP full configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 15, 2022 05:46 AM
    Honestly, instant is designed to use DHCP to obtain ip addresses, so if you did not set the ip address of the IAP statically, it probably will not show up in the configuration.  The VC ip address is the most important ip address component here.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 5.  RE: Instant AP full configuration

Posted Jun 15, 2022 05:51 AM
    obviously.
    My main concern is : if I don't get this kind of information from show configuration, I may miss other .

(As well as, I get more config parameters from "show tech")

parameters...

• 6.  RE: Instant AP full configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 15, 2022 05:55 AM
    If your concern is restoring the configuration, the show running will provide it.  If you want more information, that is what show tech and show tech supplemental is for.

• 7.  RE: Instant AP full configuration

Posted Jun 15, 2022 06:49 AM
    For example, all that concerns "ap-env" is not shown