Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Aruba - How Many APs the Master can Managed?

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Instant Aruba - How Many APs the Master can Managed?

Posted Nov 07, 2022 03:40 PM
    Hi,
    Currently, I am planning to deploy nearly 60 Aruba AP-515  using the Instant AP solution (1 Master AP will manage the remaining APs)
    I have checked with the manufacturer, and with this solution, the Master AP can manage up to 128 APs. However, I don't know if it can be met.
    Does anyone have any experience, please advise me on whether to use Instant Solution or Controller for this case?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Instant Aruba - How Many APs the Master can Managed?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 07, 2022 04:18 PM
    Hi Sangtv,

Aruba access point can be managed standalone, with airwave, controller based or from the cloud.

An classis Aruba Instant cluster have indeed a design limitation to 128 access points, but it's not a hard limit. The limitation is based on lab testing and recommendation. This limitation is due the cpu/mem resources that the virtual controller master need to manage the cluster.

I can recommend you to manage the access point from the cloud with Aruba Central AOS10. This is much more easy to manage as a Aruba Instant cluster, scale better (no virtual master controller anymore), more insight, have  better security features, is flexible and API driven.

A controller based solution is not always required an depends mostly if you like to tunnel your traffic from AP to Controller for a centralized managed network.

But it all depend on your requirements and use case, therefore best discuses with your local Aruba Partner.

------------------------------
    Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2022 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own
    ------------------------------