Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

integration aruba access point with WLC Alcatel

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  integration aruba access point with WLC Alcatel

Posted May 15, 2023 09:55 PM

Dear All,

we have customer that have existing WLC Alcatel OAW-4750 and want to add more access point,

can we use aruba access point 505 for WLC alcatel ? i have read an article that some people use wlc alcatel with aruba access point 103 ?

------------------------------
    BR,

Hudaya

• 2.  RE: integration aruba access point with WLC Alcatel

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 16, 2023 07:29 AM

Highly unlikely I would imagine due to the firmware differences. I'd also check the minimum and maximum required firmware of an AP-505 and an AP-103.

• 3.  RE: integration aruba access point with WLC Alcatel
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2023 09:12 AM

Technically that probably would work. The OAW-4750 is the equivalent of an Aruba 7240, and OEM (like Alcatel) APs are reported to work as long as the firmware version running on the controller supports those AP models. For the 505 that would be 8.6.x. Not sure if all recent firmware releases are still available for the OAW series, and you would need to get licenses from Alcatel as well if you don't have enough. I think Alcatel no longer sells licenses for these controllers. Also, if it (may) work, does not mean that it's also supported, so be aware of that risk that you may get an unsupported configuration.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: integration aruba access point with WLC Alcatel

Posted May 17, 2023 02:39 AM

Dear Herman and Craig,

thanks for your response, 

we decide and propose to perform POC to our customer,

we will get back to you when the job is done,

thankyou

BR,

Hudaya