View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Integration of aruba devices directly with SNOW

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  Integration of aruba devices directly with SNOW

Posted Jul 28, 2022 07:38 AM
    Hi,
    Just wanted to check the feasibility of bypassing Central and integrate Aruba devices with SNOW for monitoring ?

• 2.  RE: Integration of aruba devices directly with SNOW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2022 10:34 AM
    Have you seen this documentation?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Integration of aruba devices directly with SNOW

Posted Jul 28, 2022 11:39 AM
    Yes, I am aware of ServiceNow and Central integration.  But my point is it possible to integrate aruba devices directly with ServiceNow without using Central..

I believe Central is not mandatory for management.

• 4.  RE: Integration of aruba devices directly with SNOW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2022 11:44 AM
    Central is indeed optional for management, but provides a single point of integration. I don't know if a direct integration is possible, or if people have done that.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Integration of aruba devices directly with SNOW

Posted Jul 28, 2022 02:58 PM
    ok. What are the various options available to integrate customer's ITSM tool to manage Aruba devices if we are not using Central ?

• 6.  RE: Integration of aruba devices directly with SNOW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2022 08:55 AM
    How does the customer manage/configure the Aruba devices? Most can be configured through Central (cloud), Airwave (on-prem), or local on the device (no centralized management).

With Central/Airwave, that is probably where you want to integrate. For local management, you probably will need to setup your own integration through SNMP/syslog.

Best/optimal depends on size, capacity, preference, etc. Your local Aruba sales team can explain you the different management options, and what would best fit your (customer's) environment.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 7.  RE: Integration of aruba devices directly with SNOW

Posted Jul 29, 2022 09:23 AM
    ok.Customer is not using centralised management and also not interested to go for Central...we need to provide how the integration will happen with ServiceNow if there is no centralised management ?

• 8.  RE: Integration of aruba devices directly with SNOW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2022 11:42 AM
    You may ask ServiceNow how they can directly integrate with Aruba devices. Again, SNMP and syslog are the most widely used protocols in this scenario.

Or others on this forum may have an idea.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------