Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

interface at fault

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  interface at fault

Posted Sep 07, 2022 12:29 PM
    I have a 5406Rzl2 (Slot A - J9535A) and 3 of my 4 SFP interfaces are at fault. I think it happened when we were trying to connect some incompatible transceivers. I'm pretty sure I've updated the FW and rebooted since then, but those 3 interfaces in question just blink amber. "show tech transceivers" detects its plugged in but still no connection... The SFP and fiber are fine, I tested them with another switch. I set fault-finder to "warn" instead of "warn and disable" tried disabling/enabling the port and still nothing.

• 2.  RE: interface at fault

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 07, 2022 01:40 PM
    Have you issued the allow-unsupported-transceiver command on the switch already?

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: interface at fault

Posted Sep 07, 2022 01:56 PM
    I have.

Side note: Originally I was trying to use SFP+ on SFP and you guys helped me on here. This is for a connection totally unrelated to that and with the correct transceivers this time... the same one is up and running in A21 A22-24 are at fault.

• 4.  RE: interface at fault
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 07, 2022 07:12 PM
    Have you tried to unconfigure the Slot A from running configuration, hot remove the module, reboot the Switch and then do an hot insert of the module to see if ports A22-A24 start working again or are definitely damaged? sort of a full module reset. I'd personally try that before giving up and asking further support to Aruba.

• 5.  RE: interface at fault

Posted Sep 09, 2022 01:24 PM
    thanks for the help, that did it.