Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Intune Extension and AutoPilot Devices

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Intune Extension and AutoPilot Devices

Posted Nov 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Does the Microsoft Intune 6.1.7 extension also pull in Registered AutoPilot devices that haven't been assigned yet? Looking to allow these devices to still boot and get Wired 802.1x access. Currently our network is using Cert Based Authentication with 802.1x.

• 2.  RE: Intune Extension and AutoPilot Devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2023 07:53 AM

I'd say no, as I think AutoPilot devices are not yet registered in Intune. But there is an easy way to find that out, by checking if the device is in Intune AND has a Wi-Fi MAC associated to it.

Many times, with Intune you would have EAP-TLS or TEAP authentication that uses client certificates, which are provisioned as part of an Intune policy, as well the Wi-Fi or Wired network interface configuration. That means that before a device has reached out to Intune, it won't be able to authenticate. One option would be to use the guest network for the initial boot up and provisioning into Intune, or do something similar on the wired network and tell people to be on the wired network for the first time signing in.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------