Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Invisible WiFi SSIDs After Upgrading to Latest Version 8.9.0.2 from 8.6.0.2

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Invisible WiFi SSIDs After Upgrading to Latest Version 8.9.0.2 from 8.6.0.2

Posted May 25, 2022 02:04 AM
    Hi All,

Yesterday we have upgraded our IAPs from 8.6.0.2 to the latest 8.9.0.2 but WiFi SSIDs were no longer seen after. And all the APs (AP-515)  were in solid red  LED light. When I searched the LED indicator it says system error condition but when we revert back to 8.6.0.2, all resumed working fine.
    I checked the logs during 8.9.0.2 but I only see this whenever the APs are booting up. I tried to change the ARM Min/Max power but still the same. 

Do you have any idea about this issue ? Do we have any known issues on the 8.9.0.2 ? I also read an article that when they reverted to a lower version, all are working fine. 

Any thoughts/responses on this post would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

------------------------------
    RH | Systems Engineer | HK

• 2.  RE: Invisible WiFi SSIDs After Upgrading to Latest Version 8.9.0.2 from 8.6.0.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2022 08:51 PM
    is this resolved? FYI the latest firmware is 8.9.0.3
    here is the release note for it.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Aruba-Instant-8.x-Books/Release-Notes/89/Aruba-Instant-8.9.0.3-Release-Notes.pdf

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Invisible WiFi SSIDs After Upgrading to Latest Version 8.9.0.2 from 8.6.0.2

Posted Jun 05, 2022 09:05 PM
    Hi There, we did not yet try to upgrade yet as we reverted previously. This is noted, we will try to upgrade to the latest 8.9.0.3 to see if the issue will reoccur. Thank you & appreciate your response :)

• 4.  RE: Invisible WiFi SSIDs After Upgrading to Latest Version 8.9.0.2 from 8.6.0.2

Posted Jun 06, 2022 10:27 AM
    Hi Ariyap, tried to upgrade it to the latest version 8.9.0.3 but still the same - APs are all online, config is intact but no SSIDs being seen from the User side.
    Double-checked that the SSIDs are not hidden. And also tried to connect thru a hidden SSID network but can't connect. From the VC, it seems there's no problem & just has no client connected. Same w/ the tech support logs attached.
    I have again reverted to 8.6.0.2 & all works fine now.
    Is it an issue with the upgrade path ? Although I checked that we can directly upgrade from 8.6.0.2 to 8.9.0.x. Or anything that we've missed ?
    Hope you can help us to further check on this. Thank you.

• 5.  RE: Invisible WiFi SSIDs After Upgrading to Latest Version 8.9.0.2 from 8.6.0.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2022 08:00 PM
    it looks like you are powering up your APs with 802.3af ,
    you can enable IPM to enable the radios due to insufficient poe

AP1# conf t
    We now support CLI commit model, please type "commit apply" for configuration to take effect.
    AP1(config) # ipm
    AP1 (ipm) # enable
    AP1 (ipm) # exit
    AP1(config) #exit
    AP1# com app
    committing configuration...
    configuration committed.
    AP1#

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 6.  RE: Invisible WiFi SSIDs After Upgrading to Latest Version 8.9.0.2 from 8.6.0.2

Posted Jun 07, 2022 02:17 AM
    Hi Ariyap,

It all works now after enabling the IPM & upgraded to the latest version 8.9.0.3.

Thank you so much for your help. God Bless & keep safe :)