Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

iPhone cannot get IP from DHCP server and Connect to SSID took a long time to connect

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  iPhone cannot get IP from DHCP server and Connect to SSID took a long time to connect

Posted May 29, 2023 04:00 AM

Hi Team,

Good day to you!

my problem right now is ,

i have 3 different devices: iPhone, Laptop, Android phone try to connect to Aruba SSID

- Android and Laptop, can connect immediately and get IP from DHCP server
    -iPhone took 10-15mins to connect to  SSID
    -i have tried with other Apple devices and Os version still took 10-15mins to connect

- i have tried with Cambium Access Point iPhone can connect immediately and get IP from DHCP server normal,

i'm using
    Aruba controller 7205 (version 8.7.1.3)
    Access Point: AP-505

if you have any suggestion or if you already sole this problem please kindly share with me you solution,

Thank you so much.

• 2.  RE: iPhone cannot get IP from DHCP server and Connect to SSID took a long time to connect
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2023 01:48 AM

Hi,

I can remember that there was a firmware issue in the early 8.7.1.x releases with apple devices. You should update the firmware on your Controller / AP and it should work.
    BTW: 8.7. is out of support. You should update to 8.10 or 8.11.

Best regards, Marco.

• 3.  RE: iPhone cannot get IP from DHCP server and Connect to SSID took a long time to connect

Posted May 30, 2023 03:42 AM

Hi,

Good day to you!

Thank you so much for your reply,
    the firmware upgrade was fixed this problem, i have upgrade to 8.10.0.6 and it work

Thank you.