Security

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

iPhone not able to authenticate to captive portal - not  able to resolve "securelogin.hpe.com " error

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  iPhone not able to authenticate to captive portal - not  able to resolve "securelogin.hpe.com " error

Posted 8 days ago

captive portal is hosted on clearpass and APs are managed using Aruba Central. 
    captive portal is working for other devices than iPhone.

iPhone users are able to register , receives user name and password but while authenticating it is not  able to resolve "securelogin.hpe.com "
    so I tried to put  another captive portal and got certificate signed by digi cert but still same error that not able to resolve   

• 2.  RE: iPhone not able to authenticate to captive portal - not  able to resolve "securelogin.hpe.com " error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 7 days ago

That FQDN should be related to the certificate on the AP.

Make sure that the "Address" field in the captive portal NAS vendor settings section is pointing at the correct FQDN for you environment.  Since the APs are managed by Central, the default certificate provided by ClearPass for this purpose has "securelogin.hpe.com" as the FQDN.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: iPhone not able to authenticate to captive portal - not  able to resolve "securelogin.hpe.com " error

Posted 7 days ago

Yes, I have entered correct fqdn(I copy and paste to make sue no mistake) . and pointed the cert on central for captive and CA 

• 4.  RE: iPhone not able to authenticate to captive portal - not  able to resolve "securelogin.hpe.com " error

Posted 7 days ago

Only iPhone?  What about other devices?  Do you have a public certificate on ClearPass?  Aruba Central should already be providing a public certificate to each managed AP with securelogin.hpe.com name.  Did you change this name on the captive portal settings?

• 5.  RE: iPhone not able to authenticate to captive portal - not  able to resolve "securelogin.hpe.com " error

Posted 7 days ago

now I have changed captive portal FQDN to captive-guestwifi.abcd.com and signed certificate using DiGi cert. added same FQDN in Clearpass. In central added both cert digi certs root cert and digi certs signed cert for fqdn. and committed the changes. 

This works fine for all devices except iphone. I did packet capture and as we do not have controller AP's are replying to dns query of toher devices but what I see is that iphone is not even making dns query for the fqdn.