Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IPSec/GRE tunnel issues with AP's

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  IPSec/GRE tunnel issues with AP's

Posted Mar 19, 2024 09:15 AM

So we installed a new edge router, a Cisco 8500, last week and immediately every remote AP kept coming up and down and never stayed connected long enough for the SSID's to broadcast.

After a rough day of troubleshooting and then moving every AP to a different cluster, we isolated the issue to the new router (I hope Cisco TAC can help us figure that one out).

We now put the old router back into production and set up a small lab with the new router/1 AP and same issue persists.

The question I have is if anyone has ever ran into something like this and have any ideas on what could cause transient IPSec/GRE traffic to have issues?  Any and all ideas are appreciated

We have an Aruba 9240 cluster with about 400 AP's and growing.  There is a mix of AP514's and AP615's and all are effected.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: IPSec/GRE tunnel issues with AP's

Posted Mar 19, 2024 10:28 AM

First thing that comes to mind is MTU. Is the appropriate MTU size configurated through the entire tunnel network path? 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful, please Accept Solution and Give Kudos.
    Zak Chalupka
    Principal Engineer - HPE Aruba
    ACDX | ACMP | ACSP | ACCP
    wifizak@hpe.com
    Ideas expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE Aruba.