Security

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

is Aruba c1000v end of support?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  is Aruba c1000v end of support?

Posted Mar 25, 2024 07:12 AM

Hi

I have a c1000v VM CPPM v6.10.8 with both permanent platform license and access license. I have heard that c1000v or its license will be end of life on May,2024.

is that correct?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: is Aruba c1000v end of support?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2024 07:21 AM

That is incorrect information. ClearPass version 6.10 will go end-of-support and customers should upgrade to a supported version (6.11 LSR or 6.12 SSR).

Further there are are some actions needed for (mainly) customers that originally purchased the virtual CP-500/5k/25k (bundle of VM + Access Licenses) as those products need to be converted in the new model with VM and separate Access Licenses. For this your Aruba partner can request/arrange that conversion.

If you can't renew support on your ClearPass VM, that is probably the case, and there is a solution to fix it.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: is Aruba c1000v end of support?

Posted Mar 25, 2024 08:31 AM

Thanks alot. Very useful info.

The problem is Im not sure my current c1000v VM is originally purchased or upgraded from cp-va-500.

How can i check it in my c1000v cppm whether the original purchased is cp-va-500?

The licenses of my current c1000v is showing;

• licenses added on 2019
    • Platform license is permanent
    • Access license is permanent

Last year, we just upgraded the software of our current c1000v from 6.7 to 6.10.

• 4.  RE: is Aruba c1000v end of support?

Posted Mar 25, 2024 09:24 AM

Hi

Log in to the supportportal and navigate to Licenses. Check if there is a subscription ID associated with your licenses. If so, the licenses are the old SKU's and should be converted.

If the ClearPass server was originally bought in 2019 it should be with the new license model, but I'm not sure of the exact end of sales date for the old SKU's.

If the original server was bought before end of 2017 it's defenetly the old license model and should be converted.

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP Guru 2024, ACEX, ACDX #1600, ACCX #1335, ACX-Network Security, Aruba SME, ACMP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 5.  RE: is Aruba c1000v end of support?

Posted Mar 25, 2024 09:52 AM

Thanks alot.

I will definitely check on the support portal.