Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Is Proximity Based AirGroup possible on Instant OS 8.10

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Is Proximity Based AirGroup possible on Instant OS 8.10

Posted 11 days ago

Hello,

I'm looking to limit the number of AIrPlay devices presented to end users on the network. I've been looking through the user guide for Instant OS an it mentions:

"AirGroup is aware of the location of services when ClearPass Policy Manager support is enabled. For example, depending on the proximity, a user would be presented with the closest printer instead of all the printers in the building."

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Aruba-Instant-8.x-Books/810/Aruba-Instant-8.10.0.0-User-Guide.pdf

This sounds like what Controllers can do which is mentioned here: Auto-Association and AirGroup Policy

How can i enabled this? It's not really explained what changes need to be performed in ClearPass or the IAP other that enabling ClearPass in AirGroup on the IAP cluster.

This is a large school and teachers move their DLNA/mDNS devices around with them between classrooms. I'd like a teacher in a classroom to only be presented with the devices which are connected to the same AP as they are, or perhaps the neighbour devices, instead of all Airgroup devices across the entire campus. 

By enabling ClearPass under the Airgroup menu will this happen automatically, or do i need to configure some additional settings to enforce a policy like this? 

Thanks,

_ELiasz

• 2.  RE: Is Proximity Based AirGroup possible on Instant OS 8.10

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

See if this guide help, "AirGroup Service Deployment Guide"

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------