Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues with release 8.10.0.10 with dirty AP's

This thread has been viewed 57 times
  • 1.  Issues with release 8.10.0.10 with dirty AP's

Posted Feb 21, 2024 05:08 AM

Upgraded a cluster of 2x 7210 controllers & virtual mobility conductor from 8.6.0.20 to 8.10.0.10 .

I upgraded already before some clients to 8.10 without any issues.
    But this time is the first time to 8.10.0.10 and my AP's come up in 2SID when mine controller is cluster.
    Before I hadn't any issue and everything was working fine on 8.6 .

When running on 1 controller everything is working fine. Even if I switch to the other controller.

So connection to AP's should be fine.

My cluster is L2 conntected and verified, already removed the cluster config and re-applied but without succes.

Does anyone have the same problems with version 8.10.0.10 or where must I look?

I opened already a TAC case.

• 2.  RE: Issues with release 8.10.0.10 with dirty AP's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2024 07:57 AM

From this post: "dirty" typically means that some ports between the AP and the controller are blocked, whether it be GRE or papi (udp 8211)."

And some troubleshooting guidance for APs with a dirty-flag in this knowledgebase article.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Issues with release 8.10.0.10 with dirty AP's

Posted Feb 22, 2024 08:20 AM

Where are you pointing these APs? 

1. Check the AP boot process to see who the AP is talking to, is it the right IP address?
    2. Try clearing the AP form the database " Clear gap-db ap-name <mac> ", wait for a while and see what happens, does the same AP show up when you use "show ap database long | include <mac>".
    3. Reboot any one AP and see what happens. 
    4. 2 flag is alright, I flag should go away after a while and it establishes some sort of communication like herman mentioned, GRE and PAPI [it starts out with 8211 first and then 8209 in your case ], keep checking " show datapath session table | include <mac> ", to see what is happenning. The D flag should go away after configuration is successfully downloaded.
    5. The S flag is concerning, you would check the HA configuration in earlier versions, you might wanna focus on the S flag, also make sure port 8209 is not blocked anywhere, from the 2 flag looks like you have cpsec enabled. 

/AJ

• 4.  RE: Issues with release 8.10.0.10 with dirty AP's

Posted Mar 15, 2024 03:56 PM

Hade the same issue with version 8.10.0.10. Uppgraded yesterday a cluster of 2 x 7220 controllers & virtual mobility conductor from 8.10.0.7 to 8.10.0.10, every thing went well but about 5% of access points did not reboot automatically for upgrade. Was forced to reboot them through disabling/enabling the power-over-ethernet of the interface they were connected to!  Wainting for feedback from Aruba TAC support!