Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

JL812A - SFP port suspended by link-flapping

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  JL812A - SFP port suspended by link-flapping

Posted Aug 17, 2022 01:06 AM
    Hello, I am trying connect 2 switches with fiber. 

The first switch is HP 1820 24G and second is Aruba 1830 24 ports (JL812A). In both switches I am using this SFP Transceiver J4859D. On 2nd switch I am still getting port suspended by link-flapping and I can't find the reason why. I tried almost every setting, Spanning Tree is OFF and I don't understand why it is not working. Can someone help me? Thank you. 

• 2.  RE: JL812A - SFP port suspended by link-flapping

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 06:26 AM
    You may be more successful asking this question on the Aruba InstantON forum.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: JL812A - SFP port suspended by link-flapping

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 08:06 AM
    Hi! how far are the switches you're trying to interconnect via Fiber Optic link?
    I ask because you're dealing with a LX SFP Transceiver (Long Range up to 10 km with SMF optical cabling) and not, as commonly used, a SR SFP one (Short Range =< 300 meters).

LX Transceivers generally require a minimum distance to work optimally or a conditioning patch if they are very near each others. They support Single Mode Fiber (SMF) optic cabling and Multi-Mode Fiber (MMF) optic cabling (either SMF or MMF should be used end-to-end).

• 4.  RE: JL812A - SFP port suspended by link-flapping

Posted Aug 22, 2022 02:53 AM
    Hello, I will try SFP module for shorter distance.