Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 42 times
  • 1.  Jumbo Frame

Posted Aug 10, 2022 06:49 AM

HW INFO:
    -Fortigate 60F
    -Aruba CX6100
    -Aruba AP-515

All VLAN gateways is forti.
    Forti also handle dhcp server
    AP, Switch and Forti in the same location

https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/HPE/MigratedAttachments2/D536B1B7-758C-4B2B-8C67-F355C2B097B9-2-Aruba%20WiFi6%20Networks%20Deployment%20Guide%20(1).pdf
    According to that, I need to enable jumbo in the switch and router

?
    1. pdf said need to enable jumbo frame end-to-end
    it said enable in Switch and Router
    I believe in my case ROUTER=FIREWALL Forti
    do I need to enable Jumbo in the AP as well

2. In the switch side. Do I need to enable jumbo per port that connected to AP or GLOBAL (ALL ports)

tq

• 2.  RE: Jumbo Frame
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2022 08:18 AM
    That Jumbo frame recommendation is mostly related to controller APs that tunnel the traffic; and the end-to-end related to the AP, controller, and all switches in between.

You can't enable jumbo on the internet, so wouldn't bother too much in this case.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------