Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

L3 timeout issue with older generation of Honeywell Vocollect devices

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  L3 timeout issue with older generation of Honeywell Vocollect devices

Posted Mar 05, 2024 01:13 PM

Relatively new to Aruba, coming off an environment of mainly Cisco gear. I'm prepping to replace all of our outdated Cisco APs (with hardware controller) with controllerless Aruba AP-505s (running 10.5.0.1_88128). We've also begun phasing out our Cisco 2960-XR switches with Aruba 6200Fs. All Aruba devices are being managed in Aruba Central.

The APs are being installed in a warehouse environment where they will be supporting Windows CE-based handheld scanners and Honeywell Vocollect voice-picking devices (just speech-to-data, not true voice traffic). For the Vocollect units, we have mainly older A710 models, and a handful of newer A710X models.

In my testing, the handheld scanners and A710Xs connect as expected. The A710s initially seem to connect, but then hang and disconnect. Watching the live logging, I see the device get a successful handshake with the AP, then there's simply no activity at all until eventually I get a Client Onboarding Event log entry with no details. The event viewer then shows an L3 timeout with the device, saying "No ARP to gateway traffic detected". 

I've been digging through my settings (and I'm still getting used to the Aruba Central UI) for my APs and my switches, but I cannot find anything that would be interfering with ARP. And since the other devices I'm testing function normally, I keep wondering if this is just a placeholder error for some other issue.

Anyone out there have any experience with these type of warehouse picking devices and Aruba hardware? Or just anyone with any idea of where I should go looking next?

• 2.  RE: L3 timeout issue with older generation of Honeywell Vocollect devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2024 04:25 PM

check this setting which is under each WLAN configuration.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: L3 timeout issue with older generation of Honeywell Vocollect devices
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 11, 2024 01:36 PM

Than you for the reply. I already had broadcast filtering disabled, so unfortunately I wasn't able to resolve the issue that way.

But I did get the issue resolved: the Talkman A710 models we have were still running an older firmware version (v2.0), and once I updated them to the last available firmware release (v2.5) they were able to connect.