Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

LACP / BAGG query on Comware 7

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  LACP / BAGG query on Comware 7

Posted Jan 11, 2023 03:29 AM
    Hi,

I have a 20Gb BAGG configured between a 10504 and 5945 IRF pair. The BAGG has successfully negotiated at 20Gb and both appear to be passing traffic albeit 1 link more than the other. I noticed that one of the 4 links has "lacp period short" configured on the interface (not sure how), but when you look at the BAGG on this particular link the LACP flag (B I think) is missing.

Can I remove the lacp period short command without disrupting traffic?

It might be worth mentioning that this BAGG is stretched between 2 sites via a fibre and extends our DC between sites for migration services as one is closing. Also, if I shut down one of the interfaces will this cause issues or will TCP just resend over the other link ?

Thanks,

Matt.

• 2.  RE: LACP / BAGG query on Comware 7

Posted Jan 12, 2023 05:10 AM
    lacp period should be the same on both sides and on all ports inside BAGG group.

There should be no ill effects if you shutdown one port inside the BAGG group. Traffic should pass uninterrupted over other available ports.
    But still it is good practice to do it during quiet periods.

Hope this help, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    Selectium Adriatics d.o.o.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: LACP / BAGG query on Comware 7

Posted Jan 19, 2023 01:31 PM
    Hi Gorazd,

Thanks for confirming, I was able to shut down one of the Bridge Aggregation interfaces with no disruption :)

Thanks,

Matt.