Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

LACP between Aruba (VSF) and Meraki MS

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  LACP between Aruba (VSF) and Meraki MS

Posted Oct 25, 2022 10:41 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

I´m facing an issue regarding LACP between an Aruba5406R (VSF) Stack connected to a Meraki MS425, e.g. in the attachment!
    For some reason the Link in the LACP to Member Switch01 stays down on both sides... on the Meraki side the message is, LACP disabled the Port :(

configuration:
    trunk 1/A21,2/A21 trk5 lacp

#sh lacp
    LACP
    LACP Trunk Port LACP Admin Oper
    Port Enabled Group Status Partner Status Key Key
    ----- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------ ------
    1/A21 Active Trk5 Down No Success 0 966
    2/A21 Active Trk5 Up Yes Success 0 966

# sh lacp peer 1/A21
    LACP Peer Information.
    Local Local Port Oper LACP Tx
    Port Trunk System ID Port Priority Key Mode Timer
    ------ ------ ----------------- ----- --------- ------- -------- -----
    1/A21 Trk5 000000-000000 11 32768 20229 Active Slow

# sh lacp peer 2/A21
    LACP Peer Information.
    Local Local Port Oper LACP Tx
    Port Trunk System ID Port Priority Key Mode Timer
    ------ ------ ----------------- ----- --------- ------- -------- -----
    2/A21 Trk5 f89e28-XXXXX 12 32768 20229 Active Slow

does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

• 2.  RE: LACP between Aruba (VSF) and Meraki MS

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 25, 2022 04:55 PM
    Is port speed of involved ports (1/A21, 2/A21, 1 and 2) coherent? were ports on MS425 configured as EtherChannel members with IEEE802.3ad (LACP) or what else? Meraki side is not shown...but VSF side the Links Aggregation (Port Trunk Trk5 logical interface) looks good.

• 3.  RE: LACP between Aruba (VSF) and Meraki MS

Posted Oct 27, 2022 07:58 AM

yes, the Port-Speed on all involved ports is correct! the LACP configuration on the meraki side is very very simple - it`s just a button for "aggregate"...

• 4.  RE: LACP between Aruba (VSF) and Meraki MS

Posted Oct 26, 2022 12:09 PM
    Hi, you can check the following:

That LLDP on in both sides, if not turn it on. I had a case one time with a cisco switch not running lldp and the lacp links were not going up.

I hope this helps

• 5.  RE: LACP between Aruba (VSF) and Meraki MS

Posted Oct 27, 2022 07:59 AM
    yes - that should also be fine, as far as I know meraki MS switches run LLDP per default!

• 6.  RE: LACP between Aruba (VSF) and Meraki MS

Posted Oct 27, 2022 08:01 AM
    I´ve done a packet capture on the meraki port which isn`t working and as far as I´m able to interpret/understand - the meraki device is sending LACPDU´s to the Aruba Switch but nothing comes back!
    For the switchports which are working as expected, the communication for LACPDUs is bi-directional....

• 7.  RE: LACP between Aruba (VSF) and Meraki MS

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 28, 2022 02:40 AM
    Please, show us the Cisco Meraki configuration. Aruba VSF side looks good. It looks like the Cisco Meraki side could have Spanning Tree issues (if we imply that Links Aggregation was done correctly <- but, at that point, one should expect that Cisco Meraki is automatically capable to manage Spanning Tree settings on Links Aggregation logical interface and its physical member interfaces as it happens on Aruba side). Could you also show the Aruba running configuration related to Trk5 logical interface?

• 8.  RE: LACP between Aruba (VSF) and Meraki MS

Posted Oct 28, 2022 03:29 AM
    Try recreating the Trk5