Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

LACP Ports Blocked by STP

This thread has been viewed 35 times
  • 1.  LACP Ports Blocked by STP

Posted Oct 17, 2022 05:43 AM
    Hello All,
    I have LACP Uplink to core.
    when I try to enable Spanning Tree, the LACP trunk ports gets blocked 

I have the below on edge ports
    spanning-tree
    spanning-tree 1/1-1/48 admin-edge-port
    spanning-tree 1/1-1/48 bpdu-protection

trunk 1/51, 1/52 trk1 lacp

What is the best scenario to have bpdu in lacp uplinked network 

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: LACP Ports Blocked by STP

Posted Oct 23, 2022 01:13 AM
    In addtion the uplink port get blocked even if only one LACP link is active. any suggesstions?

• 3.  RE: LACP Ports Blocked by STP
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 24, 2022 04:06 AM
    Hello Kareem, can you clarify a little bit better your scenario?

Consider that a Trk1 logical interface made of two physical interfaces 1/51 and 1/52 (your trunk 1/51, 1/52 trk1 lacp definition) is automatically seen by the Spanning Tree topology as single interface (so no loop), bpdu-protection feature should be instead used on interfaces used to provide access to network infrastructure to hosts. A single or aggregated uplink to other switch (apparently, to your Core) doesn't need that (eventually you can explicitly define it as point-to-point - so overcoming the auto discover - with the spanning-tree Trk1 point-to-point-mac true command but that should be the default yet).

• 4.  RE: LACP Ports Blocked by STP

Posted Nov 03, 2022 02:49 PM
    You are right @parnassus. Basically someone had stopped the STP in the core and so it was blocking. thank you​