Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Large Scale Aruba Branch Wireless Networks - Design

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Large Scale Aruba Branch Wireless Networks - Design

Posted Nov 01, 2022 01:38 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello,

I recently had a requirement to provide wireless connectivity to large number of branch sites, Encrypt all communication happening between the branch sites and the HQ, and rapidly deploy branch controllers/APs to provide WiFi access to hundreds of branches in a secure and efficient manner. Customer mandated that we should not use a Cloud-based solution.

Although the Aruba Mobility Master, VPNCs and Branch Controllers running 8.x code could achieve this, it was hard to find a verified design document that captured this requirement. After spending days and months building and testing the solution, there is now a solution that is scalable, secure and cost-effective.

Please feel to have a read , and leave your comments.

Manjula

• 2.  RE: Large Scale Aruba Branch Wireless Networks - Design

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2022 07:12 PM
    Here you can use this link to our updated Validated Solution Guides (VSG)
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/VSG/docs/070-sd-branch-design/esp-sd-branch-design-000/

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Large Scale Aruba Branch Wireless Networks - Design

Posted Nov 12, 2022 01:47 AM
    Thanks Aria, 

I am aware of the Aruba SD-Branch solution , however the customer did not want to use a Cloud based solution. so we built the solution entirely using 2 Mobility Masters and controllers and nothing else. 

-Hiripitiya

• 4.  RE: Large Scale Aruba Branch Wireless Networks - Design

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2022 06:42 PM
    sure that will work too.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.