Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

LDAP servers stop working after firmware upgrade from 8.7 to 8.12

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  LDAP servers stop working after firmware upgrade from 8.7 to 8.12

Posted 11 days ago

Hi to all, I've a problem with an upgrade. The captive portal appears but always reply 'wrong password' . Another instant cluster in another site with same account (and firmware 8.7) goes well.

How I can troubleshoot this? some aaa command from cli are deprecated and I cannot fint them... I want to test Ldap server by CLI. 

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: LDAP servers stop working after firmware upgrade from 8.7 to 8.12

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

Please open a case with TAC to troubleshoot this.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: LDAP servers stop working after firmware upgrade from 8.7 to 8.12

Posted 8 days ago

Thanks for your reply. But there is some debug command that I can do in order to better understand the problem? Show ldap-servers doesn't perform any test.

• 4.  RE: LDAP servers stop working after firmware upgrade from 8.7 to 8.12

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 8 days ago

I don't know many customers using LDAP, and I don't have any personal experience with it. Most deployments use RADIUS instead, which doesn't explain why it suddenly stopped working for you. As already advised, please work with TAC.

You may be lucky someone seeing this and seen something similar, so always good to post here.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: LDAP servers stop working after firmware upgrade from 8.7 to 8.12

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 7 days ago

If this is ArubaOS (not instant OS), try this command:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/CLI-Bank/Content/aos8/aaa-qry-usr.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card