Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MAC Authentication Not Working

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  MAC Authentication Not Working

Posted Jan 20, 2023 12:50 AM
    Hi Aruba Team,

I am trying to configure MAC Authentication on our Aruba wireless environment where only those users will connected whose MAC Addresses added in MAC Authentication. But once I had added MAC Addresses and the enable MAC Authentication so all clients role will change to deny all and they didn't get IP from DHCP server. Need to help resolve this issue and properly configure MAC Authentication.

• 2.  RE: MAC Authentication Not Working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 20, 2023 01:26 AM
    where did you add the MAC addresses to? please paste a screenshot

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: MAC Authentication Not Working

Posted Jan 23, 2023 10:22 AM
    Hi, If you are using controller or Mobility Conductor based, please use the follow link: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_86_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/mac-authentication/conf-mac-base-auth.htm

I will add some common mistakes that I had:

- Add the users in the internal repository with one delimiter and configure the profile whit another.
    -  Miss adding the MAC profile on the AAA profile of the SSID.
    - Add the MAC Auth Server Group that contains the internal server on the AAA profile of the SSID.
    - Default Role assigned on the WLAN.