Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Managed Device Missing "default-controller" Mgmt Server

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Managed Device Missing "default-controller" Mgmt Server

MVP
    Posted May 31, 2023 01:55 PM

I noticed I was missing APs and clients from an Aruba 7220 and after poking around, found that when I run "show mgmt-servers" it does not list the Conductor, while other MDs do. I think I saw this listed somewhere as a bug, and am unsure if rebooting the MD would fix, but if I were to manually re-add the Conductor, does anyone know if it would reboot the MD or cause a disruption to APs or clients? 

mgmt-server primary-server 1.1.1.1 profile default-controller transport udp 

If rebooting restores this, I think I'd rather do that, but wasn't sure what the best choice was to get this working again. Config pushes and status from the Conductor show this MD is sync'd OK and online, but obviously I'm missing some data when troubleshooting in the GUI. 

Conductor on 8.7.1.9 and MD on 8.7.1.9 as well. 

Thanks for the help!

------------------------------
    Michael Haring
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Managed Device Missing "default-controller" Mgmt Server

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 05, 2023 08:59 AM

Hey, I came across this during a upgrade and saw the same issue ('show switches' was okay, MD was showing in MM etc but AP + Client count was missing). We didn't reboot the MD but adding the mgmt-server back in to the config resolved the issue. Weirdly, this was on an 8.10.x.x to 8.6.0.x downgrade! Also, it did not reboot the MD or APs :).