Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Master IAP not accepting password

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Master IAP not accepting password

Posted Aug 04, 2022 08:57 AM
    Hello team,
    We have 10 access points in our network.
    I have set the master ip manually.
    But now when I try to login into virtual controller using the master ip and credentials,it's not accepting.
    I am able to login into member IAP with the same credentials but in memeber IAP  dashboard i can only see clients connected but IAP count in showing zero.
    Please suggest what is wrong and what may be the reason.

• 2.  RE: Master IAP not accepting password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2022 08:40 AM
    Are all the APs in swarm mode (not standalone or single)?

Could it be that you have an IP conflict for the VC Cluster IP address?

If you can login to one of the APs, a 'show log system' from CLI or WebUI may give an indication of what is wrong. From the information provided, I think it is impossible to find the reason.

What is the AP type?
    Firmware version?
    Do all APs have the management VLAN untagged on the switch (recommended)?
    Are all APs configured to get their IP through DHCP (recommended)?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Master IAP not accepting password

Posted Aug 05, 2022 11:13 AM
    All the APs are in same cluster.
    We have configured static IP for IAPs.
    Yesterday when I was troubleshooting,i found that some of the APs management vlan are not untagged on the switchport so I did change that port configuration.  but still those APs whose management vlan was wrong are not working even after correction.
    Firmware is 8.6
    Ap type 505

Thanks & Regards,

Shivam Ojha

Orbit Techsol (W) PVT LTD

Mob:7743901736 Email: shivam.ojha@orbitindia.net

• 4.  RE: Master IAP not accepting password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2022 09:20 AM
    You may try to factory reset those APs that had the wrong VLAN to get rid of a possible tagged management VLAN. I would recommend to move to DHCP address assignment if possible, and only use static IP if you can't differently.

There is a lot unknown, so I can just guess a bit. It may be better to work with your local Aruba partner or Aruba support, if it still doesn't work.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.