Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Master local / Master / Slave Controllers

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Master local / Master / Slave Controllers

Posted 9 days ago

I have 5 controllers, working on the same site, but the person who did the initial installation installed each one separately, and this is causing roaming problems. The customer does not want to buy the Mobility Master or the Mobility Conductor, is there any documentation on how I can solve this problem using the Master Local, or Master/Slave, resource?

• 2.  RE: Master local / Master / Slave Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 9 days ago

Building a cluster under a mobility conductor would be the solution to this challenge on AOS8. With AOS10 you could so the same with Aruba Central taking care of the similar function

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Master local / Master / Slave Controllers

Posted 4 days ago

Hi Herman!

Tks for your help. In this case, I can't use Aruba Central. 
    Can I solve it, using only AOS10?

• 4.  RE: Master local / Master / Slave Controllers

Posted 3 days ago

No. AOS10 is Aruba Central only. You should use MM mobility conductor to gain the most from controlers or you need to configure active pasive ha with controler pairs and leave one controler standalone.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Guru 2024

• 5.  RE: Master local / Master / Slave Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 13 hours ago

I would think from the original question, the recommended way would be to add Mobility Conductors, but you mention that the customer is not willing to invest in those.

AOS10 with Central handles roaming in a different way without Mobility Conductors, so that may be an alternative in your case.

In an architecture with 5 controllers on a single site, there is a form or coordination needed to guarantee good roaming, which has basically 2 options: Mobility Conductor (AOS8) or Central (AOS10). Moving to Instant is a theoretical option as well, but if you have 5 controllers, you probably have at least 100s of APs, in which case controllers/gateways are recommended for the scale.

You may work with your Aruba partner, local distributor or local Aruba Sales team to discuss your options in detail as the above is a generic guidance, not specific for your situation.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.