View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh Configuration in Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Mesh Configuration in Aruba Central

Posted Oct 12, 2023 02:38 AM

Hi all,

for a specific application in a warehouse location, a customer needs to use an AP as a client bridge, configuring the AP to have a Wi-Fi uplink and then connecting one or more clients via the Ethernet ports. The Aruba AP-501 wireless client bridge is known but it is no longer available.
    The scenario is composed of AP-534 with firmware 10.4.0.2_87241 managed via Aruba Central installed in a warehouse which will have to mesh 5 AP-503H which will have to occasionally move inside the warehouse.
    So I expect to have the possibility to configure the 5 AP-303H as mesh points and one or more AP-534 as mesh portal (if possible).
    I have already had a similar experience finding documentation relating to an instant environment, but I cannot find the same resources in the central cloud environment.
    Is there anyone who has already implemented this type of solution and is possibly able to share documentation about it?
    Thank you

• 2.  RE: Mesh Configuration in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2023 04:27 AM

Under the AP Configuration - System, set the mesh properties and create a Mesh community:

With mesh role auto, the AP will become a mesh portal if there is an uplink where the AP can get an IP/connectivity; and it will become a mesh point if there is no connectivity. If you have different groups, you can force the mesh role, but make sure the mesh band/metric/community key are the same.

Then under Interfaces - Wired you can create the wired AP profile and link that to the interfaces of your 503H:

Have not really tried this with moving mesh points, but it should work if speeds are not too high (walking speed should be fine).

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Mesh Configuration in Aruba Central

Posted Oct 20, 2023 06:34 AM

Thank you Herman,

what firmware version are you running?

On my  10.4.0.2_87241 I don't have the "mesh metric mode" field.

• 4.  RE: Mesh Configuration in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 20, 2023 11:59 AM

That may be new for AOS 10.5. The mesh metric mode should not really make a difference though.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.