SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 4 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

Microbranch with filtered breakout

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Microbranch with filtered breakout

Posted 27 days ago

I am having a hard time setting up a granular policy for the microbranch. I followed techdocs esp-sd-branch-deploy-100-L3-Microbranch (Optional) Routed Layer 3 Full-Tunnel Configuration (see below), without success

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/VSG/docs/080-sd-branch-deploy/esp-sd-branch-deploy-100-L3-Microbranch/#optional-routed-layer-3-full-tunnel-configuration

What keeps happening is that despite defining that only certain applications are allowed everything is still able to pass though except for ICMP echo.

I defined a PBR policy

In the PBR policy I added two datacenter subnets

I defined a policy for the SSID I was testing

I also changed per the document the tunnels & routing datacenter settings.

I am running the correct code.

With these settings, users of the SSID are still able to browse the internet. What I wanted to achieve is that users would be able to access datacenter servers as well as use Microsoft Teams, but not be able to browse the internet. Is this possible? What am I doing wrong?

------------------------------
    Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 2.  RE: Microbranch with filtered breakout

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

From the PBR screenshot you shared, it looks like you want to allow only 10.0.0.0/24 and 192.168.25.0/24 network to the data center. From the Rules under the user role - there should be ACL(s) to block any other traffic which is missing. 

For the user role - Try by adding ACL rules to allow networks 10.0.0.0/24 and 192.168.25.0/24 as well as Microsoft teams applications. Then add an ACL rule to deny everything else followed by the PBR assignment. With this, the AP first processed the ACL rules (what traffic are allowed or denied) and proceeds to PBR (which determines where the traffic should be directed to)

• 3.  RE: Microbranch with filtered breakout

Posted 25 days ago

Below a screenshot of your method, I still do not get the correct result, I validated that the configuration is in sync.

PBR config

Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company