Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Migrate on prem Airwave to Central Cloud Documentation

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Migrate on prem Airwave to Central Cloud Documentation

Posted Aug 17, 2022 01:06 AM
    Hello,

Is there any documentation to move from On-Prem Airwave to Central cloud? I have been unable to find anything of substance and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Do I need to power off my airwave server in order for the IAPs on that VLAN to connect with Central? If I delete them out of Airwave while on the same management VLAN as the airwave it just pulls them back in to the cluster. I temporarily disabled auto join within Airwave hoping that will allow them to connect to Central.

Thanks,

PD

• 2.  RE: Migrate on prem Airwave to Central Cloud Documentation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2022 01:29 AM
    the best way is to prevent IAP cluster from  reaching your Airwave. This will give you the configuration ability for the IAP cluster.
    Then remove the Airwave configuration from the IAP cluster.
    Now check the configuration for the IAP cluster  and once all is good
    you can create a new Group in Aruba Central and import the configuration
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/central/latest/content/nms/groups/import-config.htm

As always try it out in the lab first .

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------