Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Migrating AP's and Config from one Central Account to another

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Migrating AP's and Config from one Central Account to another

Posted Mar 30, 2020 03:55 PM

I have a customer who has purchased numerous AP's from us for their properties.  Two of these properties have been sold to another company, all the equipment came along with that sale, including the WiFi solution.  

The customer would like to transfer all of the AP's and the active configuration to a different Central account.  This is a 24x7 operational health care facility so downtime is less than ideal given the current issues in the world.  

Has anyone achieved this before?  If so, what would the workflow look like?  

• 2.  RE: Migrating AP's and Config from one Central Account to another
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 11:31 PM

hi,

I have never done before this kind of scenario, but from my point of view, the high-level workflow should be like this:

1. remove the subscription from the devices in the old company central account. The config of the IAP's will stay in the IAP and they will work as before, just without central. 
    2. Add the devices to the new company central account
    3. After some time, they should come up in the new central account without being a member of a group
    4. Select the VC in the Group settings and use the "Import Configuration to New Group" button to create a Group using the existing config of the VC

Hope this helps. 

BR

Florian

• 3.  RE: Migrating AP's and Config from one Central Account to another

Posted Mar 31, 2020 07:26 PM

Thank you, I went and vetted this with an SA from Aruba as well and he agreed this is the easiest way.  The tricky part is having Aruba carve off the subscriptions just for these devices.  

• 4.  RE: Migrating AP's and Config from one Central Account to another

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2022 11:38 AM
    Hi Florian,

Is the workflow you describe also true after the migration to the Greenlake platform?